What is Counselling?Briefly - what we offer is a chance to talk with a trained counsellor.
- will listen to you and whatever it is that you want to talk about
- will be available for you to speak to every week for about 50 minutes
- will be friendly and objective
- will keep whatever you say confidential within HYCS (see confidentiality)
- will not tell you what to do
- will not judge you
- will not give you advice about what is best for you
- may offer you information if you want it
- will not dismiss you or your ideas or your feelings
No matter how big or small the problem is we will talk with you. You might think about contacting us and then think 'oh no, they won't want to talk to me' or 'there are people with bigger problems or more needy' - we do want to speak with you and whatever you bring will be important.